Unleash your creativity with our arts & crafts event. There are several different classifications for this event, including knitting, fine arts, woodworking, photography, and more. Accompany your piece with a brief explanation of its significance and history. Check out our rules page for more information.
ARTS & CRAFTS
(INDIVIDUAL EVENT) OPEN
Participants do not have to qualify through regional play-offs. Registrations may be sent directly to the AAIM Games office. Entry forms are available through the office or website.
MINIMUM # OF TOTAL ARTICLES RECOMMENDED: 50
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- The standard entry fee is required plus $1 for each additional article.
- A person may enter only one article per section but an unlimited number of sections per class may be entered.
- A judge cannot enter an article into the section that they will be judging.
- Persons entering the Arts & Crafts event must be willing to display their articles during the three days of the 55+ Games. Participants must make their own arrangements to get articles to the Host Community. Articles should be properly protected during transport.
- Judging: THE JUDGE’S DECISION IS FINAL. All articles will be judged independently using a point system. A possible 100 points can be earned - 50 points for General Appearance, Impact, Color; 20 points for Design (finishing details, outside); and 30 points for Workmanship (judged from the inside). Quilts will be awarded 50 points for Design & Artistic Merit and 50 points for Workmanship. First & second place ribbons will be awarded to the article(s) with the most points within each section. Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to the top three (3) articles with the most points in each Class.
- If the quality of an article does not warrant a prize, even in the absence of competition, no ribbon shall be awarded.
- If an article is clearly entered in the wrong class the committee of the Arts & Crafts event has the right to move it to the correct class. If possible, the participant should be notified of the change
- All entries must be the work of the exhibitor.
- Articles will be accepted at the host venue on Monday and Tuesday at a time determined by the event chair. Judging will take place on Tuesday afternoon, with the medals being presented at a predetermined location on Wednesday. Articles may be picked up between 12:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. on Thursday.
- Claim tickets to identify articles may be sent out following receipt of registration form and fee. These must be attached to your article in plain view before the article will be accepted for display and judging.
- Soiled, unfinished, or previously worn articles will not be accepted.
- All Arts & Crafts entries must have been completed since the participant/crafter has turned 55 and has not been previously displayed at the 55+ Games.
- Every precaution will be taken to ensure the safety of articles submitted including security on site and careful handling, however, the 55+ Games or Games Host Committee can not be held responsible for lost or damaged articles.
- All photos must be mounted on stiff paper or cardboard-like material to be able to display photos properly. Photos not mounted will be disqualified.
The Arts and Crafts event at the 55+ Games provides a great opportunity for new craft ideas and original works, which do not fit into any of our categories, to be displayed. This is also considered an educational opportunity and any display items must be accompanied by a brief typed explanation and/or history. All display items are subject to space availability and approval by the Arts and Crafts Event Chair.
Red and blue ribbons will be awarded for first and second place respectively in each section. Gold, silver and bronze medals will then be awarded for first, second and third place for best in show. Medals will be presented immediately following the event or at a central location at a predetermined time.